Welcome To My Weblog :-)

Let's dialogue!

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 18, 2019

Review: All Quiet on the Western Front

All Quiet on the Western Front All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I cannot lavish enough praise on this work of art, true literature. Gorgeously written, sentences shimmer, heart and characterization without peer. This is not the sort of book I'd normally be drawn to--war and descriptions of it, not my thing. But my husband extolled the virtues and it piqued my curiosity. Wow. Remarque can write--I got lost in the content and the artistry and beauty of the depictions of battle, the humanity of it all. This should be required reading for everyone at any age, but especially the formative ones.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment