Welcome To My Weblog :-)

Let's dialogue!

Search This Blog

Monday, August 12, 2019

Review: If Cats Disappeared from the World

If Cats Disappeared from the World If Cats Disappeared from the World by Genki Kawamura
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A unique and unusual premise: in order to extend his life by one day (after being diagnosed with a terminal illness), a postman makes a deal with the devil: he must give something up, but cannot choose--the devil will choose for him. Explores philosophical/moral/ethical issues with restraint and originality. I'm giving it 5 stars for the original notion, not so much for the execution. The writing style is okay/decent, but it's really the content that's worth reading this for. I can't say it touched me, but score a huge one for ideological and fanciful construct.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment