Welcome To My Weblog :-)

Let's dialogue!

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 18, 2019

Review: Lord of the Flies

Lord of the Flies Lord of the Flies by William Golding
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Every child should read this. Every bully should read this. Every bullied child should read this. Damn, this rocked my world, more now as I reflect on having read it than when I actually read it in junior high, when frankly, I was too young to appreciate this. I amend my earlier statement: every child should read and then re-read it periodically as they develop--and they should truly get it. As a metaphor for society, it just doesn't get any better than this. And btw, our so called "president," Trump, needs a primer course on this book. He needs to read it, and digest every pulpy sentence on each page.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment