Welcome To My Weblog :-)

Let's dialogue!

Search This Blog

Friday, August 16, 2019

Review: The Hidden Life of Dogs

The Hidden Life of Dogs The Hidden Life of Dogs by Elizabeth Marshall Thomas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a wonder, a gem literally and metaphorically leaping into the world of dogs. She as much meticulous observer and researcher of dogs, as she is a mother to them. Her dedication to learning about them and above all, forging rich relationships with them, this commitment leaps off the page. She talks of furtively following them at midnight in an effort to know what she otherwise might not. This is about as great as it gets, and btw., I do not have a dog nor have I ever and do not plan to get a dog (a shame, I know), but I was drawn to this because I'm curious about this world, which she describes with such love. Many many books have been written about dogs, but this special--the tone, the structure, Thomas' fascination and abiding passion drenches each page.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment