Welcome To My Weblog :-)

Let's dialogue!

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 11, 2019

Review: Me Before You

Me Before You Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

It's sappy, syrupy sweet, saccharine...yes, yes and yes, it's all of those things--and yet, I cried a bucket. I sobbed near the end, big belly tears rolling down my cheeks. If you've seen the movie, trust me: the movie is nothing compared to Moyes' work. This is not literature, no prizes will be given for the writing, and yet, it's compelling and indelible. I read it a while back when I was stuck somewhere with my family, all of them watching a football game. I polished this off in hours. Love and love and love. It gets to you, and I cannot recommend it highly enough. It's deeply felt and will shoot an arrow into your heart. Guaranteed. It's a quick read :-)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment