Welcome To My Weblog :-)

Let's dialogue!

Search This Blog

Friday, August 16, 2019

Review: The Hidden Life of Trees: What They Feel, How They Communicate – Discoveries from a Secret World

The Hidden Life of Trees: What They Feel, How They Communicate – Discoveries from a Secret World The Hidden Life of Trees: What They Feel, How They Communicate – Discoveries from a Secret World by Peter Wohlleben
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Every factoid is magical and remarkable. Just the title of it, e.g. they "communicate" with each other? Who knew? And so so so much more, a world of intrigue and secrets in the forest, a language all their own. I've been in love with trees for so long, and have wanted to know more and more--this book delivers and then some. Get this: the scientific study of trees is termed "dendrology!" But when you think of it, what else could it possibly be called? Each tree with its branches, bark and trunk ... all of it looked at from both a macro and micro level--resembles our brain, the neurons, synapses ... and yes--dendrites, hence "dendrology." So damn cool. I wish I could takes a course and trust me, I tried to hunt one down but no luck. This book is the next best thing, and maybe better; you can peruse at your own speed, in your way, for your reasons. And whatever your reasons for picking up this jewel, you cannot do better than this. Thank you Wohlleben!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment