Welcome To My Weblog :-)

Let's dialogue!

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 11, 2019

Review: Pilgrim at Tinker Creek

Pilgrim at Tinker Creek Pilgrim at Tinker Creek by Annie Dillard
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Before Delia Owens came along with the 'Crawdads' novel, Annie Dillard was here with the love letter to nature. Before I read this decades ago, I thought chicken came in a package (I exaggerate, but you get the picture :-). Dillard's 'Tinker Creek' is a lushly written song to all in the natural world. A sense of unity and wild peace, if there were such a thing, pervades the book. It's a slim to medium little work, but so dense. You enter this world she's written and come out the other end having lived through a tale so incredible, you'll never ever never see our world the same way again. Please read this, the book that began it all.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment