Welcome To My Weblog :-)

Let's dialogue!

Search This Blog

Friday, August 16, 2019

Review: Fever

Fever Fever by Mary Beth Keane
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is the predecessor to her current 2019 novel, not a biographical novel, but based on the historical events about "typhoid Mary." What's beguiling about Keane is her uncanny ability to dig deep into her characters, speak through their skin. I'm giving it 3 stars because something about it wasn't sufficiently propulsive, though to be fair, it's possible that if I took this novel on its own merit, and if I had never read her 2019 work, I'd likely give it 4 stars. Please don't let my rating dissuade you. It's as fine a piece of writing as any. She has a sure and deft touch, describes like a dream. a master craftswoman with a sentence :-)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment