Welcome To My Weblog :-)

Let's dialogue!

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 18, 2019

Review: You Are Not a Stranger Here

You Are Not a Stranger Here You Are Not a Stranger Here by Adam Haslett
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Stunning, I don't have sufficient superlatives. This changed my reading life, never did I think I could so completely be swept away into a universe of pain and come out humbled. I'm usually not a huge fan of short stories, but this collection is exceptional. Each story is a novella, rich beyond the scope of a few pages. Each short has imagery that you'll likely never forget. I read it decades ago, when it was first published and I remember the characters, the visuals with such detail and specificity, it's a gut punch. Please, if you never read a short story collection, make an exception for this. You will not regret the artistry and beauty.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment