Welcome To My Weblog :-)

Let's dialogue!

Search This Blog

Friday, August 16, 2019

Review: The Apprentice: My Life in the Kitchen

The Apprentice: My Life in the Kitchen The Apprentice: My Life in the Kitchen by Jacques Pépin
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Full of verve, love and passion for food yes, but Pepin burst with enthusiasm, lifts veils off an era of training as a chef in France. If you love food, dining out, curious about the restaurant culture, or simply want to be transported in a micro-culture of a surprisingly hierarchical model of apprenticing as a chef, the abuse therein--yes, I think it's definitely verbally abusive, but that's the price the "interns" pay to rise up the ranks, learn their art and craft, and give themselves over to creating the morsels we put in our mouths. Loved it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment