Welcome To My Weblog :-)

Let's dialogue!

Search This Blog

Friday, August 16, 2019

Review: Blood, Bones, and Butter: The Inadvertent Education of a Reluctant Chef

Blood, Bones, and Butter: The Inadvertent Education of a Reluctant Chef Blood, Bones, and Butter: The Inadvertent Education of a Reluctant Chef by Gabrielle Hamilton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a bit reminiscent of Kitchen Confidential, though not as raw and own and dirty (but then what restaurant account could possibly come remotely close to Bourdain)? It's unfair of me to compare. Hamilton's account of being in the restaurant world is gripping, an adjective I usually reserve for other fitting genres such as suspense, thriller and mystery. Somehow she makes it work and this is a work you'll devour, as hungrily as some of the meals and food she describes :-)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment