Welcome To My Weblog :-)

Let's dialogue!

Search This Blog

Monday, August 12, 2019

Review: The Trauma Cleaner: One Woman's Extraordinary Life in the Business of Death, Decay, and Disaster

The Trauma Cleaner: One Woman's Extraordinary Life in the Business of Death, Decay, and Disaster The Trauma Cleaner: One Woman's Extraordinary Life in the Business of Death, Decay, and Disaster by Sarah Krasnostein
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This should be required reading for everyone. Never have I stumbled on anything so extraordinary. I never knew there's such a profession as "trauma cleaner," where she writes about her experiences going into others' home and cleaning up their trauma. This is not some fancy pants Marie Kondo minimalist nonsense crap, this is the blood and guts and shit of human life. When I say "blood" and "guts" and "shit," I mean it literally--human excrement and fluids of all sorts, the darkness that befalls people, the diseases she encounters--physical and mental--she's called upon and distributes her business cards, to clean up. In other words, to help you heal. Without referring to herself as such, she's a therapist. This is a book with such a BIG heart, this woman is everything, a lion with a roar of empathy. I was riveted with this book and couldn't tear myself away, no matter we were on vacation. Priorities, right? :-) This pages leap with humanity and a compassion I rarely encounter. It's one of the rare times, I've wanted to meet this woman, hold her hand and thank her for being on the planet. Please do yourself a favor and get this book--it's remarkable and might change your life, as it did mine.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment