Welcome To My Weblog :-)

Let's dialogue!

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 18, 2019

Review: Plato: Complete Works

Plato: Complete Works Plato: Complete Works by Plato
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Read it in college, as a philosophy (double) major with psychology--and this launched me down a ideological and theoretical quagmire, a maelstrom of questioning and then some. I fell in love with Plato's notion fo the "ideal." Imagine a fresh faced 18 year old, with little real life experience, wanting to believe that everything has an ideal version of the thing itself, so taken was I with this, I equated it with fact. Thank-god I came out of this phase, but reading this tome is an ambitious project. You may as well forget reading anything else for a while. It's dense and requires commitment. If you're inclined to philosophy and non-fiction, this is for you, though you'd also have to be partial to early Greek notions where it all began. It's very well structured, logically presented, and well-written, if a bit dry.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment